Very Very Tasty Frosting

My little buddy Luke wanted  a swimming pool cake for his birthday.  So I made a swimming pool cake! I wanted to try something new so I tried this recipe for the frosting and I am entirely sold! I thought it was strange that it had no powdered sugar in it, but the flavor and texture are great and I didn't even miss the traditional buttercream! Try it! You just might like it as much as I did!

Very Very Tasty Frosting
1 cup Milk
5 Tablespoons Flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Butter
1 cup Granulated Sugar (not Powdered Sugar!)

Whisk flour and milk in a saucepan: heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature. (If you are in a hurry the fridge will be your friend!) Stir in the vanilla.
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then add the cooled milk/flour/vanilla mixture and beat until it all comes together and resembles whipped cream. Frost your cake and enjoy the creamy goodness that is this frosting!

The water is made from blue jello and we colored the frosting a little to make it pale yellow.  
Luke put the candy on his cake all by himself with just a little bit of help from me!

Popular Posts