1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural-style)
2 tsp. vanilla
1tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Mix the butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and beat until well- combined.
2. Whisk together the baking soda, flour, and salt in a small bowl, and slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 F.
5. Drop tablespoon-size (approximate) balls onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets, and press each cookie down to slightly flatten.
6. Bake for 9-10 minutes until set and very light in color. They will appear under-done.
7. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
8. Store at room temperature, tightly covered, for up to 5 days.