Lemon Zucchini Bread with Glaze
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup canola oil (1/4cup coconut oil and 1/4cup canola oil)
⅔ cup sugar
½ cup buttermilk
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lemon
1 to 2 TBSP of half and half - as needed to thin glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Flour and grease a 9x5" loaf pan or line with parchment liner
- In a large bowl, blend together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Mix oil and sugar together well- add the two eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon zest and blend together well
- Fold in the zucchini until well coated
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold together until everything is well blended, but don't over-mix
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
- Place in your oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling
For the Glaze:
- In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and half and half. Adding only 1 to 2 TBS of lemon juice and/or half and half at a time to get the right consistency that you like.
- Mix together with a fork until all the sugar is thoroughly mixed and glaze is thin enough to spread
- Add half and half and/or lemon juice as needed for more to thin
- Drizzle over cooled loaf
- Let set, then slice and serve