Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chicken & Blueberry Salad

This recipe reminds me a lot of the  Zupa's salad that I love! I would eat it every night if my kids and husband would let me get away with making the same meal every night! :)


Chicken & Blueberry Salad2 servings spring mix lettuce mix
1¾ cup pulled cooked chicken meat
2 each Granny Smith apple diced
½ cup blue cheese
1 cup blueberries fresh
 cup almonds sliced & glazed or toasted


Dressing:
¾ cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp sea salt
½ cup rice vinegar
1 cup olive oil, extra virgin
1½ tsp ground mustard


Dressing: Place all ingredients into a blender and mix on high for 1 minute/ Serve at room temperature
Salad Place the salad mix on a plate or in a bowl, sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the top of the salad. Drizzle the dressing over the entire salad, ENJOY!