Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ham and Swiss Quiche

I made this quiche for a play-group at my house a little while back and am just now putting it up on the blog. I guess I'm pretty far behind so stay tuned as I get caught up with things. The quiche turned out super yummy! I actually made it two ways; once as listed below and again with cheddar cheese instead of the swiss because that's what I had on hand. It was fantastic both times. The additional parmesan cheese on top adds a little extra flavor that I really liked! I hope you enjoy it too!

Ham and Swiss Quiche

1- 9" pie pastry
1 cup half and half or whole milk
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp dry mustard powder
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1-1/2 cups cubed, cooked lean ham
1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss or Havarti cheese
1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

Method: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare pie crust and set aside. In medium bowl, mix half and half, eggs, mustard, flour, salt, thyme, and pepper and beat until combined.

Layer ham, Swiss cheese, and spinach in prepared pie crust. Pour egg mixture into pie crust and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes until crust is golden and filling is set.



***You could substitute 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed, stalks trimmed and drained, for the spinach if you'd like.