Chicken Won Ton Salad and Dressing

Dinner tonight was this fantastic fresh crunchy salad! It is perfectly filling but light at the same time. MMMmmmm, my 3 year old gobbled it right up, and I was happy to get some vegetable goodness into my little sugar fiend.

 Chicken Won Ton Salad and Dressing
Won Ton Salad Dressing
1/3 cup Sugar (for a healthier alt. try some other kind of sugar like splenda)
1/2 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2-1 tsp sesame seeds
Place all of the above ingredients into a mason jar and securely attach the lid. Shake it until everything is combined thoroughly. Remember to shake the dressing again just before dressing the salad since it tends to separate quickly.

Won Ton Salad
4-5 baked Chicken Breasts shredded or diced
2 heads Romaine Lettuce shredded
1/4 cup thinly sliced Green Onion
1/3 cup sliced celery
1/3-1/2 cup shredded carrot
optional: water chestnuts (I leave them out because I strongly dislike them)
optional: sneak in about 1-1 1/2 cups shredded purple or green cabbage for more variety

Toss all of the above ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving and toss. Serve with fried Won Tons.

*A note about Won Tons.* You can most likely find them near where you find the tofu. I cut the square wontons into triangles just before I fry them in canola oil because triangles are much cuter then rectangles. I pour the oil 1/2-1 inch into a deep frying pan and cook them just until golden.

Popular Posts