Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Basil Pizza

I have a couple of friends to thank for this recipe... Firstly Coleen posted this recipe on her family blog and since we are pesto  and fresh mozzarella and fresh tomato lovers I had to give it a try! Secondly Melanie --she had us over for a play-date and made wonderful pizza on wonderful crust so I begged the crust recipe off of her and the results were PERFECTION! Hope you like this as much as we did. My eldest is still begging me to make it again and we had it only 5 nights ago. I usually like to wait a little longer before I make something again just to be fair to all of my other recipes ha ha!

Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Basil Pizza
(the pic is pre-baking we gobbled this one up so fast that I didn't get a post-baking pic)

(use the crust recipe from the previous post)
fresh Mozzarella cheese (the wet kind)
4-5 ripe Roma tomatoes
jar of pesto
1/4-1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Slivered red onion (optional)

Make your favorite pizza dough and bake as directed. Bake it for 6-7 minutes then add the toppings and bake until cheese is melted. Spread pesto onto the crust, be generous but don't over do it. Just a thin layer will do. Then cover with sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, I sliced my ball into 1/8 " thick slices and covered the pizza with them. It's fine if there are gaps, just lay it on there. Then slice the FRESH tomatoes as thinly as you can and layer them on just like you would with pepperonis, you can layer it two to three thick and cover it. Lightly salt and pepper tomatoes then sprinkle with shredded parmesan. If you are a red onion lover add some at this point. Bake until melted and get ready for heaven.

Popular Posts