CUPCAKES!!!!

Let me just say that I have found my love for Cupcakes (I've often wondered what the big draw to cupcake's so suddenly was? But I wonder no longer- I have realized what the big deal IS!)  My Marmee gave me Wendy Paul's cupcake cookbook for V-day because she loves me!
A quick word of advice...
BUY THE COOKBOOK
you won't be sorry. 
My first opportunity to use my new cookbook was for Madison's 5th birthday celebration Numero Dos that we celebrated with my SIL Jamie since her birthday is the day after Maddie's.  I made the Chocolate Carmel Surprise cupcakes with both Chocolate ganache frosting and Carmel Cream Frosting- GO ME! They are delicious, but don't just take my word for it try them out and let me know what you think.

PS Good thing the weather is finally getting better because I need to get some good running miles in if I continue on my baking spree this way...

Chocolate Carmel Surprise Cupcakes
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 eggs 
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 package of chocolate covered caramels (I used Rolo candies.)

Mix together cake mix eggs, milk oil and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Line cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
Layer a spoonful or cake batter. Add 1-2 chocolate caramels on top of batter. Fill paper liners with cake mix until 3/4 full.
bake 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.


Frostings: My ganache frosting recipe is HERE or you can use... 

Wendy Paul's Caramel Cream Frosting 
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2-3 Tbsp Whole Milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Place butter and brown sugar into a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir and cook the mixture until it comes to a boil. 
Add Milk and bring the mixture back to a boil, stirring constantly.
Remove the pan from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
Allow the cupcakes to cool slightly before frosting. Frosting will harden when cooled completely.


Next on my Cupcake baking  spree are Nanimo Brownie Cupcakes, and Pink Lemonade Cupcakes. I'll Post the pics... Don't worry.

Popular Posts