Cranberry Salsa

So, I'd venture to guess that about now you've thought at least once "What should I make to take to the New Years Party?"  I have the solution!! Well I recently tried this wonderful salsa when my friend and fellow good food lover (Kim) made this at  a craft night. IT's just perfect for ringing in the New Year: Fresh, Yummy and most importantly Different from the usual!


Cranberry Salsa
 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries, fresh or frozen
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onions, cut into 3 inch lengths
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 limes, juiced
3/4 cup white sugar or splenda to taste
1 pinch salt

Combine cranberries, cilantro, green onions, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a medium blade. Chop to medium consistency. Refrigerate if not using immediately. Serve at room temperature, over cream cheese or neufatchel cheese (to save some fat) with whole grain crackers or hearty tortilla chips.

Popular Posts