Stuffed Green Peppers

This dish happens to be my husband's favorite. Wait now that I think about it he tells me that about everything I make! How Lucky am I :) ?

Stuffed Green Peppers 
½ cup brown rice, cooked
6 medium sized green peppers
2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 lb. lean ground beef
½ cup water
¼ cup chopped onion
½ tsp salt
4 oz. cheese, grated

Method:
-Cut off top of green peppers and clean out. For softer peppers, precook in boiling water for five minutes. For crunchier peppers, skip the precooking.
-In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; season with salt and pepper. Drain.
-Add spaghetti sauce and cooked rice to the meat mixture. Remove from heat.
-Stir in cheese and stuff the green peppers.
-Stand upright in a 10”x6½” baking pan.  Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
-Bake uncovered at 350° for 30-40 minutes. This dish freezes quite well.

Popular Posts