Ziti Con Pollo

My friend likely doesn't even remember this but I owe all my thanks for this recipe to her - so thanks Shannon! I've made this over and over and changed things to suit my liking! We just can't get enough of this recipe- next time I make it I'll add some pictures...

Ziti Con Pollo
4 Boneless Skinless chicken breasts uncooked but sliced
1 Med Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced into strips
1 Med Red Bell Pepper Sliced into strips
1/2 Med Green Bell Pepper Sliced into strips
3 Green Onions Sliced
1 1/2 Cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tbsp sage
2 1/2 tsp Basil
3 Cloves garlic minced
1 tsp Salt
1 lb Ziti noodles
EVOO (Olive Oil)
Optional add In's- cooked bacon, diced fresh tomatoes, cooked Italian sausage.

Method:
Cook the pasta according to the package directions drain and rinse in cold water and set aside.

While the noodles are cooking, coat a large skillet with olive oil (approx. 3-5 tbsp.)
Add chicken. Cook on medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink. Add the peppers, mushrooms and Garlic continue cooking until tender.

When the vegetables are halfway done add the noodles , Sage, Basil, Salt, any of the optional add In's and enough Olive oil to coat about 2-3 tbsp.

Cook for 7-9 more minutes to heat the noodles and enjoy

Popular Posts